Performance testing for rubbers, adhesives and coatings
To validate certification requirements and demonstrate compliance to national and international product standards, Kiwa’s accredited and independent modern laboratory facilities offer mechanical, physical, mechanical and chemical testing on all rubbers, adhesives such as:
- Rubbers are tested also on requirements for hardness, tensile strength, elongation, and volume change.
- Adhesives’ performance tests strength measurements like tensile, shear and peel data and other adhesive property tests such as impact, odor, and aging.
Some well known and typical tests voor these products are:
- EN 681-1:1996+A3:2005 Elastomeric seals – Materials requirements for pipe joint seals used in water and drainage applications – Part 1: Vulcanized rubber
- ISO 34-2:2015 Determination of tear strength
- ISO 37:2017 Determination of tensile stress - strain properties
- ISO 48:2010 Determination of hardness
- ISO 188:2011 Accelerated ageing or heat-resistance tests
- ISO 813:2016 Determination of adhesion to a rigid substrate
- ISO 815-1:2014 Determination of compression set, high temperatures
- ISO 815-2:2014 Determination of compression set, low temperatures
- ISO 1431-1:2012 Resistance to ozone cracking
- ISO 2285:2013 Determination of tension set under constant elongation, and of tension set, elongation and creep under constant tensile load
- ISO 3865:2005 Methods of test for staining in contact with organic material
Benefits Kiwa testing services
- Create trust with the Kiwa testing reports - Kiwa is globally well acknowledged in the Water & Gas Utilities sector, as a leading TIC company, symbol of quality and integrity.
- A one-stop-shop TIC company - Thanks to its complete service portfolio dedicated to this sector, from testing to certification, Kiwa can be a unique partner and a one-stop-shop for all areas of the water and waste water supply networks.
- Reduce costs and time-to-market - Thanks to our international network and a Global Market Access service portfolio for the water industry, manufacturers can combine tests and approvals to keep costs down and reduce the time-to-market.
- Your partner for progress - Kiwa can provide a responsive and personalized guidance through the certification process.