Who is Sweden Type Approval for?
Type Approval is a Swedish certification scheme for assessment and verification of the compliance of construction products with requirements in the Swedish building regulations.
The Type Approval can be of interest for manufacturers of taps and water supply systems, produced for the Swedish market. A Type Approval from Kiwa is an accredited certification. Working with products that have the Kiwa Type Approval certification support building proprietors and users in validating that a construction product meets the Swedish building regulations when used and installed in accordance with the intended use.
About Sweden Type Approval
In Sweden a Type Approval on taps and water supply systems demonstrates the product meets a minimum set of regulatory, technical and safety requirements. The Type Approval can demonstrate conformity with the regulatory requirements for construction products when the CE marking cannot be used, i.e. when there is no harmonized European standard for it.
In connection to the Type Approval there must be available a third-party inspection body accredited for the assignment. The inspection body’s mission is to conduct factory production control based on the certification scheme.
Type Approval attesting the conformity of a product is valid for 5 years as long as the set requirements are fulfilled. An accredited inspection body will conduct annual surveillance at the manufacturing plant in order to verify continuous fulfilment of the approval.
Laws and standards related to Type Approval
- Planning and Building Act (SFS 2010:900)
- Boverket's Building Regulations (BFS 2011:6 with amendments)
- Boverket's regulations and general recommendations for type approval (TYP, BFS 2013:6)
Benefits of our Type Approval services
- Type Approval is the easiest way to demonstrate conformity of a product regulatory requirements.
- Type Approval provides a technical document which helps property developers to identify approved products complying with the Swedish building regulation requirements.
- The whole process can be executed on a one-stop basis, such as services related to the application and processing schemes, testing, initial inspection and monitoring visits of the type approval decision.
- Save time and costs by combining this approval with other construction-product certification services, such as energy classification of sanitary tapware and all related surveillance inspections.