Components and controls

Testing and Certification of Mechanical and Electronic components.

Components and controls, to be applied in gas appliances or equipment, have to comply with the Gas Appliances Regulation (EU) 2016/426. The only small nuance is that CE marking is not required on the product (label).

As a manufacturer or importer you have to show and declare compliance with the GAD by means of an EC type examination certificate and a demonstrably valid product(ion) surveillance contract, both as part of the technical construction file.

No matter what kind of components, we are able to help you in getting your necessary product testing and approval, even for North America. Kiwa is partner of CSA International for Gas related products. We can also help with electronic components like electronic burner controls (EN 298) as Kiwa is also Notified Body for the Low Voltage Directive and the EMC Directive.

We will be happy to provide you with any information you might need, so please contact us! Please find examples of products that we test and certify on daily basis below:

  • Auto shut off valves (EN 161);
  • Burner Controls for Oil fueled burners (EN 230);
  • Electronic Burner Controls (EN 298);
  • Electronic gas – air ratio controls (EN 12067-2);
  • Flame supervision devices (EN 125);
  • Manual operated Taps (EN 1106);
  • Multifunctional controls (EN 126);
  • Pressure regulators (EN 88 / EN 12864);
  • Pressure Switches and sensors (EN 1854);
  • Valve proving systems (electronic and mechanical; EN 1643).