Top 5 Skills
You may be wondering what skills are required to work as a Gas Engineer. We have rounded up the Top 5 skills you will need in order to become a gas engineer:
- Practical Skills: A Gas Engineers job involves a significant amount of work with your hands.
- People Skills: You will meet all kinds of customers on a day to day basis. You will need the ability to adapt to their needs. Good communication is key!
- Attention to Detail: When working with Gas it is important the you are focused and thorough in carrying out all of your tasks. Every task will be expected to be carried out at a high standard.
- Time Management: You will be allocated a certain amount of jobs in your day. Whether working alone or as a team you will need to manage your time productively so your work can be completed in a timely manner.
- Initiative: Jobs may not always go to plan, or you could turn up to a job with an unexpected issue. You will need to use your initiative, remain calm and be assertive in making decisions.