BRL 5219 declared in force
Per 1 September 2023 the new version of BRL5219 has been declared in force and published. In the BRL the following parts have been updated:
- In accordance with the Dutch regulations BRL SIKB 11000 and Protocol 11001 the:
- various terms have been harmonised i.e., “closed geothermal energy systems” instead of “geothermal heat exchange in closed circuits” and “soil heat exchanger” instead of “geothermal probe”;
- mechanical connections and metal couplings are no longer applicable.
- Instead of a minimum requirement for the flow resistance at the foot of the soil heat exchanger, a declaration by the certificate holder of the flow rate (Kvs-value) is now required.
- Deletion of Annex B for the determination of the density of connections after freezing.
- Addition of Annex D which contains an overview of approved heat transfer agents that can be used without additional chemical resistance tests.
This new version of BRL 5219 replaces the old version of 15 October 2021. The KOMO certificates issued on the basis of the old version will lose their validity per 1 March 2024.
For further information please contact Hans den Boer, email: email@example.com