Who is Kiwa-UNI certification for?
Kiwa-UNI Certification is intended for manufacturers of plastic and rubber pipes and components, faucets, valves, and metal sanitary products, industrial or domestic, for the transport and distribution of water and gas.
About Kiwa-UNI certification
The KIWA-UNI mark certifies the conformity of plastic and metal components in contact with water and gas to national and international standards UNI, UNI EN and, where required, to the Italian toxicological authorization (DM 174), with the recognition of the Ente Italiano di Normazione (UNI).
Italian and international standards
Sometimes, the international standards may not go into sufficient detail on some important aspects of safety and minimum product performance, or they may not provide for constant verification of compliance with the requirements. With the KIWA-UNI Certification, Kiwa guarantees compliance with national and international requirements and ensures that the levels of quality and reliability of certified products required are maintained over the long term through periodic inspections and checks.
The certification makes clear and distinctive attention of the operators of this sector with respect to the issue of product safety, providing the market with the certainty that the components marketed, in case of contact with drinking water, do not release harmful contaminants, and in general that they are safe products for the user.
Benefits of our Kiwa-UNI certification services
- Create trust with the Kiwa quality mark - Kiwa is globally well acknowledged in the Water&Gas Utilities sector, as a leading TIC company, symbol of quality and integrity.
- A one-stop-shop TIC company - Thanks to its wide service portfolio dedicated to this sector, Kiwa can be a unique partner and a one-stop-shop for all areas of the water and waste water supply networks.
- Reduce costs and time-to-market - Thanks to our international network and a Global Market Access service portfolio for the water industry, manufacturers can combine approvals to keep costs down and reduce the time-to-market.
- Your partner for progress - Kiwa can provide a responsive and personalized guidance through the certification process.
Kiwa-UNI certification in 4 steps
The approval process of the Kiwa-Uni certification consists of the following steps:
- Product evaluation.
- Initial approval testing, if necessary.
- Initial audit for production control.
- After the certificate has been issued, maintenance of the certification takes place. through annual checks on the production process and the products manufactured.