Kiwa offers manufacturers of components for automotive vehicles using compressed natural gas (CNG) testing and certification services of automotive components for LPG, CNG, LNG and hydrogen sectors, as well as electromagnetic compatibility and several climatic tests. 

Kiwa is authorized to issue the E4 certification by the Dutch Vehicle Authority (RDW) and E1 certification by the Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt (KBA), the most renowned certification authorities in the world. Outside of Europe, Kiwa can support you for the testing and certification for many other marketplaces, such as North America and Australia. For specific information about the R110 please visit the UNECE website.

If you wish to launch your automobile with one of the CNG components on the European market, you are compelled to certify all those components that use compressed natural gas (CNG) or Liquefied natural gas (LNG) in their propulsion system, according the Regulation No. 110 (R110). For the European market it is compelled to have an E mark on your products. Besides, it is preferable and recognized in the Middle East and Asian countries.

Kiwa offers testing and certification services in the field of:

  • Containers (or cylinders/tanks);
  • Accessories fitted to the cylinders/tanks;
  • Pressure regulators;
  • Automatic valves;
  • Manual valves;
  • Gas supply devices;
  • Gas flow adjusters;
  • Flexible fuel lines;
  • Rigid fuel lines;
  • Filling units or receptacles;
  • Non-return valves;
  • Pressure relief valves (discharge valves);
  • Pressure relief devices (temperature triggered);
  • Filters;
  • Pressure or temperature sensors/indicators;
  • Excess flow valves;
  • Service valves;
  • Electronic control units;
  • Gas-tight housings;
  • Fittings;
  • Ventilation hoses.

Is your product not listed above? Please contact us to find out what the possibilities are.

You can ask for a quotation or information either by phone or e-mail. Starting point for a quotation is Regulation No. 110 (R110). After approval of the quotation by both parties the actual test work starts. A certificate will be sent to you by RDW/KBA when all the test work has been performed successfully and you have entered into a surveillance agreement with Kiwa.