Products, i.e. finished cards or card components, will receive a quality label if they comply with the CQM requirements. The quality label is part of the MasterCard vendor requirements in order to be allowed to sell the cards to MasterCard issuers. The CQM program covers different types of MasterCard suppliers, such as cards vendors, components suppliers of the cards vendors and personalization bureaus.
- Product quality requirements (modular organization);
- Physical characteristics: size, shape, surface, chemical, magnetic, electrical, electromagnetic;
- Temporal: mechanical, electrical, magnetic, ageing;
- Functional: electric, electromagnetic, magnetic, terminal interface;
- Appearance: layout, design, brand, color;
- Ergonomics, toxicity;
- Security, uv;
- Miscellaneous: manufacturing process stability
- Quality assurance requirements.
Smart Consulting has become the primary contact for all vendors wishing to go through the CQM procedures. The requirements can be found on their website: www.smart-consulting.com/card-quality-management/