Why FSSC 22000?
The food safety certification scheme FSSC 22000 offers companies active in the international food supply chain many advantages:
- Applying a management system demonstrably aimed at safeguarding food safety risks from within and outside an organization.
- Compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Meeting customer requirements, including major retailers and manufacturers.
- International standard accepted by food buyers worldwide.
- Applying the standard ensures continuous improvement of processes and therefore an organization.
- The scheme is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). GFSI recognition demonstrates that the scheme meets the highest standards globally leading to international food industry acceptance.
- The scheme is owned and maintained by an independent foundation.
- Optimized communication in the food supply chain by applying an international standard.
- When your already have an ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and/or ISO 22000 certification, you only need to be assessed for additional requirements to meet the FSSC 22000 standard.
Video: benefits of FSSC 22000
For a summary of the benefits of FSSC 22000 certification, watch this video too (Source: FSSC 22000).