If you are a producer of polymeric resins and raw materials, then we don't have to explain that polymer resins and raw materials are often used for the extrusion of pipes or for the moulding of fittings and valves. Resins can be either for the strength bearing properties or for a specific functional purpose like barrier properties, adhesive tie layers or filling materials for stiffness of the product.
Material evaluation for your plastic piping systems
The materials and the function of the materials should be able to last at least the expected service lifetime of the product. Most gas and water piping systems are designed for a 50 year lifetime.
Of course you want to classify your material and to prove its quality. Kiwa can help you with your material evaluation and classification to prove the suitability of your material for plastics piping systems.
Our experts can help you with:
- lifetime prediction of your pipe and fitting resin for gas and water distribution and installation purposes
- evaluation of your material in accordance with ISO 9080 test method.
- ageing properties of materials
- functionality testing of the resins in product form
- chemical analysis of materials and resins
- consultancy with respect to specifications and requirements for specific applications
- material selections
- inspections and guidance on location
- quality control and validation
If you wish to know more about independent proving of the quality of your polymeric materials. Or about ISO 9080 - long term hydrostatic strength - service life time prediction. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kiwa has specialized business units that focus on specific market segments, in the Netherlands and internationally. We offer specialist services in areas such as energy and water, fire safety and security, infrastructure, roof and facade advice, sports facilities and training. You can contact these business units for testing, inspection, certification, training and consultancy tailored to your market segment.