Relevant to solar installers, integrators, project developers, utilities and investors who need expert technical diligence, procurement, and quality assurance services. We help our clients manage technical risk associated with the manufacturing of PV equipment.
We provide in-factory supervision of production while modules are being manufactured. We deploy quality assurance engineers in the factory during production to ensure that all required material, process, and production controls are applied correctly.
- Oversight of PV module manufacturing typically follows the manufacturing process from start to finish.
- Material verification and certification compliance
- Material storage, expiry, and preparation controls
- Cell soldering quality and quality controls
- Cell defect/crack screening; cell bow, and warp monitoring
- Material placement controls; lamination quality and quality controls
- Gel content and cell peel strength results
- Equipment calibration, maintenance, and cleaning
- Material and/or equipment contamination
- Frame application, sealing and, curing controls
- Junction box application, soldering, and curing controls
- Junction box diode and electro-static discharge controls
- Flash testing and EL imaging
- Safety testing and related controls
- Daily email updates during on-site trips and batch-based summary reports following each on-site trip.
- All reporting will include details of any non-conformances, and actions taken to protect quality. Reports will also include production status in terms of volume manufactured compared to the plan.
- In the event of any non-conformance, the buyer will be immediately informed and consulted for follow-up action.