Who is KOMO mark for?
The KOMO mark is for producers and suppliers of products like (plastic) sewerage and drainage systems, heating systems inside buildings rubbers and adhesives. Indirect the mark is aimed at stakeholders like architects, municipals, installers and building owners.
The KOMO mark indicates:
- The product meets the requirements in relation to health, safety, suitability and durability;
- The production process complies with the requirements for quality assurance.
KOMO evaluation guidelines by Kiwa
Evaluation of the products is carried out based on KOMO evaluation guidelines. The guidelines contain requirements with respect to the functionality and durability of the product, as well as requirements with respect to the production process at the production location.
In most cases, the requirements are based upon European standards. For rubber sealing a harmonized standard (CE-Marking) is available. The KOMO mark certification and evaluation guidelines (BRL’s) have been drafted by experts for various products, in the categories:
- KOMO, Plastics: drainage systems
- KOMO, Plastics: flexible piping systems for district heating
- KOMO, Plastics: geothermal heat exchange systems in closed circuits
- KOMO, Plastics: heating and radiator systems
- KOMO, Plastics: infiltration systems
- KOMO, Plastics: sewerage systems
- KOMO, Rubber & adhesives
- KOMO, Prefab pipes into buildings
Various all-round inspectors can also perform audits on request as part of third-party certification schemes, such as:
- Party or acceptance approvals;
- Delivery inspections.
Benefits of KOMO mark services by Kiwa
- One single application procedure for certification of functional and process aspects.
- Evaluation guidelines includes both requirements with respect to the functionality and durability of the product, as well as requirements with respect to the production process at the location of production.
- Efficient label for sale and use of products in contact with drinking water for the Dutch market: producers and suppliers only have to deal with 1 set of requirements, and product users do not have to look any further.
- Reduce costs and time-to-market by combining tests and approval, facilitated through our international network and Global Market Access service portfolio.
- Your partner for progress as Kiwa can provide a responsive and personalized guidance through the certification process.
How to obtain a KOMO product certificate with Kiwa
After receiving your agreement to our quotation, we will conduct an admission investigation. We are investigating whether you can obtain the KOMO product certificate in accordance with the requirements we have determined. We do this by means of a company audit and prescribed laboratory tests. A positive outcome will result in receiving the KOMO certificate.
After this, the quality system - as laid down in the IKB - is regularly checked by us to ensure your product continues to meet the set requirements and your customers can be confident your product offers what they consider important; quality.
Would you like to know more about how we can help to test and become certified for the KOMO quality mark? Then please contact us.
Overview of products with KOMO quality declarations
For a complete overview of all products with KOMO quality declarations by Kiwa consult this Certified Companies and Organizations Finder.